Tim Hare wrote:
While I'm on the topic - is there a redbook or other document that
discusses "best practices" for managing software installation on a Linux
system?  If I download the Mono RPMs is there a directory that RPMs are
"expected" to be in? Is there one that's commonly used by Linux admins?
Seems to me a central place for "software we might want to install" makes
sense? Do I just create my own and add it to YaST's configuration?

Put them anywhere you'd like to share them from. For RHEL, consider
making a yum repository and sharing it with a web server. The RHEL
clones and Fedora use yum, and yum can easily be had for RHEL - simply
pinch it from one of the clones.

Yum does not conflict with up2date or RHEN.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait