From: Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Levy, Alan
Sent: Wed 4/26/2006 10:22 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Copying server to another IFL

I have 2 IFLs here (one in production and one in test).

I DDRd a server from production to the test IFL.

 This server has 3 dedicate statements in the directory (for the OSA
triplet). Let's call them AB01, AB02 and AB03.

I know that when I bring up this test server, it will not come up since
the OSA cards are different on both IFLs (OSA addresses on the test IFL
are XY01, XY02 and XY03).

Here is my question:

Assume that I make some configuration changes manually (IP address,
hostname, netmask, gateway address, etc.) using sed or perl and that I
change the OSA dedicate statements in the test server directory from
ABnn to XYnn.

Once I bring up the server, how can I change the OSA addresses in all of
the suse configuration files - without using YAST (since I will not have
SSH capability for the test server) ?

I know that there are several files in the /etc/sysconfig/network
directory that have to be changed (e.g. ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-.0.0.AB01).

TIA