From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rob
van der Heij
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 3:40 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Problem with RMFPMS and the recent time change

On 4/28/06, Fargusson.Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This isn't quite right.  Windows does use GMT (it might be UTC, but I think
> it is GMT).  The confusion comes from two things:  Some Windows users don't
> set the timezone right, and this makes the hardware clock wrong.  Some RTCs
> are broken, especially old 386 based systems.  The trick of getting the local
> time from the RTC is to work around broken RTCs.

So that's more recent windows then? I am pretty sure Windows would set
the RTC to local time, even DST. This was the reason for the pop-up
window after the time change because in dual-boot you never knew
whether another OS already had changed the RTC to DST.

--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc