I do not believe %SIC means what you think it means.
I had a conversation about this in the past I think with someone from the
County if
it is the same configuration. At the DR location, if you are running
Linux as a guest of VM and VM running as a guest of another VM system and
all that running in an LPAR, then you effectively have 3 layers of SIE.
(1 for each VM and 1 for LPAR). Current machines can handle 2 layers of
SIE very efficiently, but performance does drop off significantly with
3 layers of SIE.

SIE is how VM (and LPAR) dispatches work. We sometimes use the phrase
SIE Break or Exit from SIE to describe the cases where the virtual
(or logical) processor stops running under SIE and control is passed
back to the hipervisor. There are two reasons to exit SIE:
intercepts and interrupts. The %SIC is what percentage of the exits
were for intercepts. So the number could be high here because of
exits for SIEs done under the three levels, but it could also be
influenced by CPU bound work or work that naturally has low level
of interrupts.

Bill Bitner - VM Performance Evaluation - IBM Endicott - 607-429-3286