Hi,
     I downloaded your GCC package to my z/VM V4r4 system, unpacked it,
and tried compiling the sample program.  The gcc compiler abends with
the message

DMSABE141T Addressing exception occurred at 80011160 in routine GCC

and this happens even with an empty argument list; i.e., 'gcc', which
should return the output from gcc '--help'.

     I'm running it in a 16M XC-mode CMS virtual machine; the package is
residing in an SFS subdirectory which is accessed with FORCERW.

     Any suggestions?

J. Leslie Turriff
VM Systems Programmer
Central Missouri State University
Room 208
Humphreys Building
Warrensburg MO 64093
660-543-4285
660-580-0523
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/09/06 6:09 pm >>>
Folks, for those of you that would like to try the GCC compiler (Version

3.2.3) in a CMS environment, an initial release is now available. The
GCC compiler runs on any XA or ESA compliant
version of VM and requires a small run time library. The compiler
produces standard ASSEMBLER code that is assembled by the High Level
Assembler. This means that "C" programs which use only the ANSI "C"
library can be compiled and run on any version of ESA and z/VM. The
compiler uses only traditional CMS and CMS emulated MVS system calls and

so is an "almost" native GCC.

Instructions on how to download and install it can be found here:

http://www.vsoft-software.com/gccesa/

Suggestions for enhancements and improvements, especially in the run
time support, are welcome.

Enjoy!

DJ

!DSPAM:32225,44612175105973752916872!