Hall, Ken (GTI) wrote:
Unmount the filesystem, and run "vgexport" for the volume group.
Great.
Then take the volume offline via sysfs

You mean  cchccwdev -d /dev/.... ?
sysfs manpage refers to /proc/filesystems which lists used file systems.

, and detach it from the guest (This assumes you're on the 2.6 kernel.  With
2.4 it's a little more complicated).

on 2.6. Good to go!
Repeat the process in reverse on the other system, doing a vgimport on the
other side.
Cool.
 I'm reasonably sure I've done this successfully.

It's much easier to set up an NFS share though, and leave the volume attached
to one guest.

Agreed, NFS would be helpful, but when you have to do repairs in single
user mode, it is good  to mount the LVM in the sick guest sometimes and
do the repair, although most likely I will mount the sick volume on a
good guest. You got me thinking.
Thanks a bunch.