From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ranga Nathan
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 4:12 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Broken Yast2 - a rant

When I applied software updates via Yast about 3months ago, my /usr file
system filled up and broke Yast. Ever since I get the error message
zlp1:~ # yast
/sbin/yast: line 115: set_lang_from_sysconfig: command not found
/sbin/yast: line 119: check_ncurses: command not found
You need to install yast2-ncurses to use the YaST2 text mode interface
ncurses appears to be installed!  I see
zlp1:~ # rpm -qa ncurses
ncurses-5.4-61.4

I I have been corresponding with Novell and their support S-U-C-Ks. I
have not been able to get anyone to help on this. Just today I finally
managed to get to a human only to be told that SuSE9 is out of support
and they expect me to re-install with SuSE 10. Is someone kidding me?
The person tells me that it is the market trend - just like Microsoft
Vista would require a new install in the place of XP.

I would like to know what this forum is hearing about this issue. If
this is the state of affairs when a big company buys open source, the
trend is disturbing! If Novell can not support SuSE, I will go Debian or
similar, if I have to install from scratch!