On 5/18/06, Fargusson.Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In the 8086 days it took several clock cycles to do anything.  The most
annoying to me was the 60 cycle divide instruction.  These days they are much
faster, some instructions being only one clock.

I still have trouble to measure instruction speed as the number of
instructions you can stick in between without slowing down the thing.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc