Thank you for the info.
I now understand your original question better.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Terry Spaulding
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:57 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Implementing zFCP & Multipathing on existing SLES9 SP3 with
ECKD/LVM ...

See my previous note on multipath for setting up 2 or more paths to the
same Lun and I/O load balancing.

Using multipath-tools or EVMS will allow you to set more then one path
to a Lun and it will do I/O load balancing. I think I read that it will
monitor if a path fails and drop or swap that path for another defined
path ?

If anyone has a better understanding of the benefits of multipath-tool
with LVM please correct me.

Thanks ......

Terry
Ann replied:

No.
It looks like we did not install the multipath-tools.
I do see the rpm file on CD1.
What do the multipath-tools buy you?