On 6/9/06, Massimiliano Belardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm observing that my Linux under z/VM is able to catch only one CPU even if my
z/VM is configured with 2 processors. This should be true if z/VM by default
virtualize the two cpu in one...
But...
I'm going to modify some variable for DB2...
INTRA_PARALLEL=yes should parallelize the CPU usage by DB2... What happen in
this case? Make sense use this variable also in a Linux inder VM environemt?

If you want a single virtual machine to use all processing capacity of
the entire system, you would need to configure the virtual machine
with enough virtual processors. Whether the application is up to using
that is indeed another matter.
When DB2 is capable to use multiple CPUs and you think you are CPU
constrained, that may make sense if you don't need it on other virtual
machines.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij