On 6/22/06, John Summerfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'd rather see a benchmark involving Oracle on the Z and the Java app on
the {pSeries,iSeries,Sun} and if you can find a decent Opteron box, that
too.

That would make sense.
And if it has to be all on zSeries, we learned that it does help to
put the tiers in different virtual machines that can be tuned
separately. Too bad many people put so little effort into it when they
do benchmarks, and then value the outcome so much...

Rob