On 6/28/06, Leland Lucius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You'll also want to ensure you retain the modules in /lib/modules for the
previous version of the kernel.  Again, this is handled when installing a new
RPM, but I'm not sure how the SP does it.

Just like the kernel. When you 'rpm -U' for the kernel, these days the
old modules are gone.

In my previous life we had the kernel in NSS. The kernel modules for
all in-use kernels were on a common R/O disk. Early in the boot
process we --bind mounted the matching set of kernel modules into the
root file system. So we could do kernel updates (and backout) just by
making the virtual machine IPL from another NSS. But as said, quite
often you have other updates as well.

Rob