Sounds to me that since IBM withdrew marketing for S/390 architecture, the
software vendors for the Linux on the mainframe drank the marketing
kool-aid and are only supporting hardware that is supported by IBM.

             Rick Troth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc
             06/29/2006 07:36 PM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re:
SLES/SLED10 RC Software Available
                            Please respond to

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Post, Mark K wrote:
> Oh, one thing I forgot to note: For the mainframe, there is only the
> s390x (64-bit) architecture.  Anyone running on a non-zSeries system
> won't be able to run SLES10.  From what I gather, the same will be true
> of RHEL5 when it appears later this year.  Bah.

I gotta say:  this really bites.
"Bah"?   I can think of some stronger explitives.    :-!

-- R;