There are many filesystems out there, that have a 2 GB limit for a
file.

If you are planning on using the DVD version, make sure the file system
you are loading to, doesn't have this limit.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
Been there, done that.  tar files and 2 GB limit.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 7/18/2006 12:54 PM >>>
Also, download via LYNX fails at the 2 gig marker also.

             Marcy Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

  cc
             07/18/2006 12:22 PM

Subject

Re: SLES10 GA
                            Please respond to
               Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

I was just there:

 You may have difficulty downloading large files including DVD ISOs,
depending upon your browser or download manager. For best results, you
should use Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later. If you use a download
manager,
your browser version will not be a factor. Make sure you're using the
latest version of your download manager and that it supports large
files. For example, if you use wget, it must be version 1.10 or later.

Note: The following browsers are some of those that are unable to
download files that are larger than 2GB-

    * Firefox versions earlier than 1.5 (downloads 2GB then quits)
    * Internet Explorer 6 or earlier (fails to start download)
    * Internet Explorer 7 Beta (fails to start download)
    * wget version earlier than 1.10 (downloads 2GB then quits)

Love it!  Finally someone is saying don't use IE instead of must use
IE.

Cool.

Marcy Cortes

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."