Finally got the thing to download using Konqueror on a SLES-9 Intel server I
have in the data center. The problem appears to be our IP phones. Phone
goes in the wall, computer net cable plugs into the phone.  According to the
network folks, our IP phones act like  switches with a quality of service
control. Sustained data transfer of an hour or so is frowned upon. That's the
story they're trying to sell me. I'm going to transfer the image to this
machine now to see what happens.

Now to find some DVD media so I can have a backup.....

             John Summerfield
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc

             07/20/2006 07:19 AM
                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re: SLES10
GA

                            Please respond to

Post, Mark K wrote:
> I've pretty much decided that the culprit is my company's firewalls.  I
> can use my browser to transfer files larger than 2GB from other systems
> inside the firewall, but if I try to pull anything that large from the
> internet, the transfer dies at 2GB.

Is there a transparent proxy in the line?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait