>     I have an image that is 1280m. It's swap space is 464m. Is that a
> good ratio? The image has chewed up according to Perftoolkit 75% of
> it. I was thinking a bigger swap space as opposed to more memory
> which is what I being pressured to do. Response times seems great.
> This image is running DB2 and Tamino (SAG data base) and some other
> things. I just was sure if there was a good rule of thumb to follow
> regarding image size and swap space. THANX!!!

If the machine is consistently using 75% of its swap, you probably
should think about increasing the size of the virtual machine a little
bit, but you're right that in general giving it more swap is a much
better idea if performance is not impacted. I try to size for about 25%
of swap maximum, but I'm a little conservative on that. I think it
depends on the behavior of the application and how often it needs to
swap. How frequently is it swapping?

If it's performing well, don't fix it. It isn't broken. 8-)

David Boyes
Sine Nomine Associates