For those who prefers the command line utilities, there is a good howto :
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/

The "common tasks" section should be read first for people who don't like
docs :-)

These commands are part of the LVM2 package under SLES.

On 7/26/06, Ranga Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jim Chappell wrote:
> I'm running SLES 9 64bit just a playground for now (no
> maintenance)...And right now I'm playing with LVM but I don't appear to
> have command e2fsadm.

I dont have it either and I never felt the need to use it. I cheated. I
used YaST for all LVM management. The only thing I have to constantly
remind myself is, to be safe, always do a "mkinitrd" and "zipl"  to make
sure that the LVM comes up at next boot time. Looking at
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_e2fsadm.htm , I see that
e2fsadm allow you to resize mounted file systems as well. That is
definitely a plus. resize2fs requires unmounting file systems.

BTW, it would be nice to have some polymorphism here across file systems
- same command that recognizes the file system and issue different
commands. Perhaps there is a shell script to do it?

> Anyone want to guess what I've done wrong?
>

> Jim Chappell
> 503 745-7841
> 503 349-5603(Cell)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
> counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
>
> "Never trust a computer you can lift"

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or

Ranga Nathan
Work: 714-442-7591