Stahr, Lea wrote:
A piece of cake! Use VMUTIL on VM to do the shutdowns and startups and
have the backups scheduled appropriately. Or get the CONTROL-M agent and
have that do it all from ZOS.
<snip>

I don't understand how that addresses my concern.

Stahr, Lea wrote:

With clustering, you shut down one image and do an OFFLINE backup

while

the application runs on the second image. Then bring up the primary
image and shutdown the secondary system for backup.

which sounds every bit as tricky to me as getting good backups from a
live Linux system.

I'm negotiating purchase of a PC with your online retail shop and you
take down the box I'm talking to while I'm negotiating PC options such
as RAM, CPU, disk....

Cheers
John

-- spambait