We are trying the install of sles10 and get the boot loader and thru the
network config to the FTP server for installation. We connect to the new guest
via cygwin and ssh. We start the configuration of the disk partitions and
select software and when we continue to where the install process would
generally format the dasd we receive the following messages:

Failure occurred during following action:
Executing fdasd for disk /dev/dasdb...

System error code was: -11001

/sbin/fdasd -c /tmp/liby2storageIT5Z1N/fdasd_inp /dev/dasdb:

fdasd error: Unsupported disk format
/dev/dasdb is not formatted with z/OS compatible disk layout

Has anyone else experienced this error?

Thanks,

Al Schilla
Systems Programmer