Yes.  Everything still worked, so I didn't worry about it too much, but
it was more of an effort in some ways.  If you don't have CTCs, you
might be able to specify everything you need in the parmfile to get
around it.  If you do have CTCs, there's a bug that will prevent that.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Lee Stewart
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:59 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: SLES10 Install Difference

Hi all...    For those of you who have installed SLES10, do you see what
I see, or is it something I'm doing?

I download the boot files from the SLES10 DVD, the same way as with
SLES9.  I punch them over and IPL my reader, same as SLES9.  But where
on SLES9 I got:
> =                                                                    =
> =-      Welcome to SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 for zSeries       -=
> =                                                                    =
>
> Please select the type of your network device:
>  0) no network
>  1) OSA Token Ring (lcs)
etc.

Now on SLES10 I get:

> Starting hardware detection...

Searching for
> info file...
>
> *** Could not find the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Installation
CD.

> Activating manual setup program.

> Main Menu
>
> 1) Settings
> 2) System Information
> 3) Kernel Modules (Hardware Drivers)
> 4) Start Installation or System
> 5) Verify Installation CD-ROM/DVD
> 6) Eject CD
> 7) Exit or Reboot
> 8) Power off

While the install works going through the Start Installation selection,
the path is a lot longer (many more prompts).

I've tried downloading the boot files again, same results...

Is this what others are seeing?

Thanks,
Lee

--