> What install method are you using (NFS, HTTP, FTP)?

Sorry - I am using FTP and loopback mounted ISOs just the way you described.

And by "rhsetup" you mean the standard installer, anaconda, right?  Not the
s390-specific installer that nobody uses anymore?  iirc rhsetup didn't
support loopback-mounted ISOs via FTP/HTTP.

well - if standard or not, I don't know ;-)  - I never installed Linux before
anywhere. After booting I invoke "rhsetup" just as described in
the documentation ...

regards
Anna