From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dave Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:11 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: How to signal a Linux guest from z/VM?

As Dr. Boyes suggests, using the open source IUCV driver is a very good
way of solving this type of problem. You can find it here:
http://www.sinenomine.net/vm/fsiucv

Another approach that might be applicable here is to have a simple
client, running on the Linux guest, and listening on a specific TCP
port. A server, running on VM, can then connect to the client and send
the client any number of Linux commands to execute. The client executes
the commands and routes the responses back to the server, sort of like
rsh. However, things like encryption of the data sent and authentication
of the server can easily been done with this framework.

I have an example set of code for both the client and the server here,
if anybody's really interested.

Have a good one.

DJ