I don't know why they would be concerned. Unless: (1) they are
"comfortable" with 3390 and don't have any real desire to learn a new
paradigm; (2) they expect do to pack level backups on z/OS (bad, bad
idea); (3) they want the flexibility to move volumes between systems
(i.e. take volumes from Linux and give to z/OS and vice versa). Number
(3) is the only valid concern that I can think of.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.