You need to install base and then service packs on top of them.  The SP ISOs
are missing a few things that prevent you from doing an install.

You can setup a merged install tree using Mike MacIsaac's
mksles9root.shscript though which will solve the problem.  The script
is documented in his
virtualization cookbook and the script can be found in the associated
tarball ( http://linuxvm.org/present/index.html).

ks