> OK. I'm not sure if this will help but I ran into a problem installing
SUSE 9 under zVM 5.1. Could not get the dasd to partition. Or it seemed to
partition but couldn't use it, it's been a while. Anyway, the way I got
around it was to format the disks in CMS first, then start the install. The
system then formatted them correctly and I was able to complete the install
without any more problems.

Thanks Bob. "Someday" I'll get around to installing VM over Hercules
although I'm not sure that it's legal to do so. I have to check on that
first. It sure would make life easier though.
Paul