We want to use YOU (SUSE's Yast Online Update) to keep our linux servers
current; the automation helps a great deal.  We maintain a local server
and currently we sync it with SUSE servers once a week.

We have two conflicting needs :

1) We frequently get orders from our security group to apply security
patches to our linux servers.  The weekly sync of our YOU server keeps
it very current and we apply the security patches as needed.  Keeps the
security folks happy.

2) We have a need to apply patches to a test server; release it for
testing; then apply the same patches to a production server.  In this
case we need a stable YOU server until the test goes to production.  The
test period could take weeks or months.

I was wondering how others do it.   Thanks for any info.

Ismael