You may have already mentioned this, but what what is your transport
mechanism for messages going between CICS and your zLinux application?
Sounds like it is not MQ.  Is it CTG, or something else entirely?

Just wondering...

Frank

---
Frank Swarbrick
Senior Developer/Analyst - Mainframe Applications Development
FirstBank Data Corporation - (303) 235-1403

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/01/06 10:33 AM >>>
The decision was made (in our case) due to our application needs and
the
use of open source libXML. libXML (which suited our needs best and was
in use already by other systems here) and a bunch of configuration
files
coupled with relatively small amount of code enables us to translate
XML
back to our existing message formats. This then gets sent in the
"front
door" as it does today. Maintenance in the future (for any message
format changes) will be predominantly changes to the configuration
files
only.

Kevin