I tried switching the OsaInterface from =qdio to =eth, and OsaMedium from
=qdio to =eth.  I am not quite sure what happened.  It did not get the "IP
Address Already Registered" error, but the guest never look right in the Q
VSWITCH DET either.

During the boot, it loaded the qeth driver, and then the lcs driver (which
it doesn't usually do).

Searching for info file...
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
qdio: loading QDIO base support version 2
qeth: loading qeth S/390 OSA-Express driver
IUCV lowlevel driver initialized
 iucv: NETIUCV driver initialized
 lcs: Loading LCS driver
sit0: Disabled Privacy Extensions

 I thought I had seen a posting that the documentation was in error on
these two parameters, and they should be reversed.

Thanks,
Steph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Mark Pace
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Fw: IP Address Already
                                       Registered - SUSE SLES10
             11/27/2006 04:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Here are my definitions for my vswitch

Gateway=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx InstNetDev=OSA
OsaInterface=eth OsaMedium=qdio Layer2=0
Netmask=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Broadcast=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ReadChannel=0.0.1d00 Writechannel=0.0.1d01 DataChannel=0.0.1d02
Portname=vswtch1

--
Mark Pace