I'm prepping for an trial install of Websphere.  This is on an IFL.

As it turns out, the Websphere trial for Windows and Linux that anyone
can down load, the Linux one, which looks like an "Intel" version, is a
common install and is suppose to work for zLinux systems also.  Wish it
would have said that on the web site.  I lost a couple weeks trying to
locate a zLinux version of Websphere to trial.

Anyway....

Any problems/headaches or other words of advice anyone wishs to share
about Websphere on zLinux?

This will be on SUSE 9.  31 or 64 bit for Websphere?
I can start the install on z/VM 5.1, but I have z/VM 5.2 on second
level.  Should I wait to install Websphere until I'm on z/VM 5.2?

As this is just a test, I plan on installing everything in the same
package (that is the Java machine along with the webserver).  Big
mistake?

If we start to go the route of Websphere, I, most likely will install
it over a dozen times in the next year.  Different variations of dasd
setup and machine setup, to see which meets our needs best and also to
allow me to take "baby steps" in implimenting new technology.

Thanks for any comments

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
(RIP Goldie, a great cat and my buddy for 15 years)