Thank you all for kind replies... I know I'm not in the exact place I
wished, but I can get replies from expert here ;)
So there is NO 3270 client by IBM for linux desktops. np! we can use the
free x3270 :)

And about the my strange FTP problem, a dos2unix command solved the issue...
(ty john). This is a strange problem, I don't have it always on my daily
put/get (I see that sometimes, very random) and it happens with windows
standard ftp client too!

And let me know if this community have other resources like forums, irc
channels, wiki or...

Thanks

          --Mehdi