Jeez, I thought my wife's PC (a Celeron at 1.4GHz) was slow when I got
rid of it a year ago. I didn't know that people still used 350MHz PCs
<g>.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Andrews
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:33 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Best Practices for zSeries linux ISVs?

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 06:20 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> I didn't know Gentoo was available for z:-)

Guess it was at one time (see http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/s390/ ) but
I don't think it was anything but experimental, and it hasn't been
looked at in awhile.

Think Matt Zimmerman was involved, if I'm not mistaken.

It takes 45 hours to emerge OpenOffice on my little 350MHz intelbox at
home.  Can't imagine what it would take in a 7060 LPAR in competition
with z/OS.  Some things are best left installed from binaries!

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.