It used to be the case that there was not a supported upgrade path from
SLES 31-bit to 64-bit addressing modes.  Is that still the case?  Has
anyone performed a SLES9 SP3 s390 -> SLES10 s390x upgrade in place, or
is trying this still more trouble than its worth (i.e. install clean and
be done with it)?  We have no SLES10 yet, just planning ahead.

The most descriptive thing I can find right now is:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/sles10/index.html?page=/documentatio
n/sles10/sles_admin/data/cha_upgrade.html, which says nothing about
going from one addressing mode to the other.

Thanks,
~ Daniel