Ivan Warren wrote:
Thomas Kern wrote:
I hope you can build it with SSL support just in case he needs to run
secured
sessions. That feature is why I have x3270 on a windows image here at
home. We
do not allow unsecured tn3270 to our mainframe.

/Tom Kern

If x3270 doesn't support SSL, then stunnel is your friend. stunnel will
run on your local machine, perform the necessary X.509 certificate
verifications, listen on a local port (to which the x3270 client will
connect) and tunnel the x3270 session inside a SSL session to your
server. You can then use any tn3270 client you chose, even one without
built-in SSL support.

and presumably ssh and a VPN would do as well. I personally run openvpn
which uses UDP (TCP is possible too) and, other than the open UDP port,
doesn't require any special firewall configuration.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait