From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Post, Mark K
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:23 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: install RHEL4 into z/VM guest on VPN

Warren,

I'm really not sure what you're trying to show us here.  Are you saying
that your installation server is a RHEL4 system (running under VMWare on
a Windows XP system), and that it is connected to your company's network
via VPN?

If you're able to telnet/SSH into the guest, once there can you telnet
to port 21 of your installation server?  That would let you check the
connectivity back to it.  I don't think the Red Hat installer will have
a telnet client available at that point in the process, so you may need
to use the CMS telnet client instead.