I would like one of your bogometers (I could use one here). Do you sell
them?

LOL

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Boyes
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:52 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: The quantum computer comes of age

> > Not likely. The Dwave machine is based on setting up the state
machines
> > (the equivalent of programming the thing) and then cooling the
equipment
> > to cryogenic temperatures. It doesn't' function at all at room
> > temperature, and it's really hard to change the keys. 8-)
> Well that's similar to what GM, Ford, and Chrysler said about the
first
> Toyotas that washed ashore...

Color me a bit cynical, but J-junctions have been touted as the next big
solution to every computational problem since addition since they were
discovered, and this time also triggers my bogometer.

We still haven't seen a working quantum device that can solve a
non-trivial problem that hasn't been deconstructed by an enormous amount
of human intelligence first. Decomposition for massively parallel
architectures is peanuts compared to problem decomposition for quantum
architectures.

It's an enormously cool idea, but let's see it work first before we
start chucking working stuff.