De: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre de Steve
Gentry
Enviado el: martes, 20 de febrero de 2007 20:15
Para: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Asunto: Re: How to implement samba LFS ? - PJBR

If you are moving data from Linux to Windows, then as Mark Post suggested,
you will need the lfs option on the mount command or lfs placed in the
fstab.  I don't know about cifs. The Linux we do this same exact thing
(linux to windoz) on is an older release of Linux and still supports smbfs
file type and we have to use lfs.
Fedora Core 6 no longer supports smbfs (file type) and you must use cifs.
FedCore 5 seems to support it. i.e. a friend of mine says it(smbfs) still
works on his version.
I get invalid filetype on the FedCore 5 I run.  My friend is a bit of a
hacker so he most likely figured a way around it.

Steve G.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit