I was going to ask if that was a possible better solution to this. Sounds like
we're far from ideal on a shared kernel environment.

             Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc
             02/23/2007 12:21 AM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re:
Perceptions of zLinux
                            Please respond to
               Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

On Friday, 02/23/2007 at 01:21 ZE9, John Summerfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would expect the modules to be copied to (virtual) RAM, but if you're
> using a compressed initrd then they're going to be copied twice.

I think what we'd want is to be able to have initrd in an NSS be an
uncompressed xip2fs filesystem.  xip2fs executes/reads directly from the
filesystem; no copies.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott