From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Kreiter, Chuck
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 12:54 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Mount one Linux root file system on another Linux server

We have an issue with one of our SLES9 servers.  We'd like to mount the
root FS on another server so can pull off a file that we really need.
The server will boot into single user mode so that part of the FS is
good.

I've attached the mini disk to another Linux guest and IPL'ed it.  I can
see it as dev/dasdf1.  When I try to mount it, I get the message "Wrong
fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/dasdf1, or too many mounted
file systems."

Chuck Kreiter
Systems Programming Supervisor
State Auto Insurance