Kevin,
The corresponding LE change on VM is in the EDCLOCI ASSEMBLE file.
>From the MAINT userid enter:
    VMFSETUP ZVM LESFS
    CUSTLE ZVM LESFS
    select option 3, '"C" Locale Time Info'

I'm using the following for Eastern time in EDCLOCI ASSEMBLE, right or wrong.

EDCLOCI  EDCLOCTZ TZDIFF=300,TNAME='EST',                              *
               DSTSTM=3,DSTSTW=2,DSTSTD=0,STARTTM=7200,SHIFT=3600,     *
               DSTENM=11,DSTENW=1,DSTEND=0,ENDTM=7200,DSTNAME='EDT',   *
               UCTNAME='UTC'

After filing the changes, CUSTLE will assemble the file and build the new
modules.
VMFCOPY the new modules to the MAINT 19E, and save CMS. The LE shared segments
SCEE and SCEEX will have to be rebuild for the new modules.

Also, Language Environment APAR VM64117 / PTF UM31924 provides needed changes
to several C/C++ library functions.

Reference http://www.vm.ibm.com/service/DST2007.html for z/VM DST changes.
Interestingly, EDCLOCI ASSEMBLE is not mentioned on that web page.

Robert Hodge