You need to mount the NFS share with the packages on it and then
specify the --tree=/path/to/packages option to system-config-packages.
The tool assumes you're running it on something other than s390
(which is true of most of the system-config-* tools).

My memories of this tool are getting fuzzy because in RHEL 5 it uses
yum under the covers.  I can't recall if it was possible to tweak the
up2date/RHN sources (/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources) with RHEL 4 and have
system-config-packages work...

ks

(Blatently copied from my post last week about this)