From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jeremy Warren
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:23 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: NIS on Linux

Hmm....I am running out of tricks..

what do you get when you do:

ypmatch [userid] passwd

Do you see the encrypted password in the second field?

What does this show?

id [userid]

>From the "double check tree"...
are you sure there are enough colons in the various +:::: entries?
are you doing anything with netgroups that might be getting in the way?
are you using the default pam_unix2.conf or has it been modified at all?
are you logging into the console (/etc/pam.d/login) or via ssh
(/etc/pam.d/sshd)?

jrw

"Stahr, Lea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
03/22/2007 12:06 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [LINUX-390] NIS on Linux

I stopped the NSCD. Logon failed on Authentication Failure. This is SLES
8. Userid is not in the local passwd file.

Lea Stahr
Linux/Unix Team
630-753-5445
[EMAIL PROTECTED]