Alan wrote:

> It
> is *not*, in fact, beyond the newbie because we have newbies who are
> implementing z/VM for the first time and successfully adding ESMs of
their
> choice on those systems.

I can tell you that my newbies (formerly z/OS guys) that I have working
for me did not find it all that easy to add one to the current VM we are
installing.  And I wasn't all that able to answer their questions even
having 20 years of VM experience but not that much ESM stuff (someone
else always did it :)..  Luckily Kitty and Fran at CA are great hand
holders and know their stuff...   But it sure could be made easier for
the new folks.

I shouldn't complain... pam-modules are giving me more headaches than VM
stuff ever will (the latest being pam_tally.so not liking large uid's)

I think I started this whole long thread by asking what for?   My
question is was more along the lines what would a *finanical services
firm* like mine or Rick's (who got so excited :) would do with this.
Here, anyway, it's more about what our vendors can provide to us or what
we can do easily with rexx/pipelines/etc to enhance our productivity.
We're too busy building/maintaining servers and answering audit/security
to think of cool things like interfacing to VM's spool :)

Marcy Cortes