From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:34 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Problems starting Slackware after new install

>>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at  5:24 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
,
"Jones, Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have completed the install of Slackware 10.0 in an LPAR on our
> mainframe. The install seemed to complete without any problems, but my
> new Slack/390 will not IPL. The LPAR goes into disabled wait status.
Any
> ideas why my boot information is not being found?

This is due to a bug/undocumented requirement in Slack/390 10.0.  If you
didn't select the s390-tools package (in the K series) to be installed,
this is what happens.  You can re-run the install and make sure it
includes that package.  I would recommend, however, that you use what's
in Slack390-current on the download server.  More up to date, etc.  Just
be aware that there's another lack in the both installers.  The network
information you supply during the install doesn't get propagated to the
system being installed.  You'll need to enter that information manually,
later.  Getting time to fix that has been what's holding up renaming
-current to -10.1.  :(

I was going to respond to your prior note about the installing seeming
to hang after "finding" the initrd.  What happened to get you past that?