> SELinux is great until you actually want to get something done.
>
> Run it in warning mode first for a while to get a glimpse of what's
> going to break when you turn it on for real, is my advice.

If you install RHEL5, it will be running by default:

# cat /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=enforcing
        ^^^^^^^^^
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

It hasn't gotten in my way until I wanted to allow vmcp and ssh to apache
via sudo.

Yes, it would be nice to easily allow that rather than setting to
permissive mode.

  -Mike MacIsaac