shogunx wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

Try denyhosts also... very handly little program that detects bruteforce
attempts and adds the offending host to /etc/hosts.deny.

For that, one can use iptables to limit the rate of incoming
connections. My rules are static, that suits me fine. When that fails
me, I'll use a VPN.

Imap/pop3 are harder to restrict geographically, but in many cases one
can expect that people won't be connecing to check their mail more than
once every so often (and they won'e have much problem with their
password, but that's another worry: some connecting correctly ten 60
times an hour is more likely a stupid user than someone trying to guess
passwords).

Cheers
John

-- spambait