Please see:

APAR= VM64198
CRYPTO QUEUES NOT INITIALIZED WHEN BUSY OR IN RESET
R520 PTF UM32023

APAR= VM64197
MESSAGE HCPKFL663E MISLEADING WITH NEW CRYPTO HARDWARE
R520 PTF UM32020

And there is a good bit of information in the device buckets with regards
to defining these cards.
Thanks and Best Regards,

Kurt Acker

Brad Hinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
04/11/2007 10:50 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Crypto definition

I'm trying to get the crypto definition correct so I can use crypto
assist in Linux.  When I login under zVM 5.2, I get the error:

HCPKFL663E The crypto cannot be defined because no real crypto facility
is installed.

The user definition looks like:

PROFILE RHDFLT
  IPL CMS
  MACHINE ESA 4
  CPU 00 BASE
  CPU 01
  CRYPT APVIRT
[snip]

USER Z04 Z04 1G 2G G
 INCLUDE RHDFLT
 MDISK 100 3390 0001 3338 VM304A MR
[snip]

We have a z9, and on the HMC, in the activation profile (crypto tab) it
looks like this:

Control domain index: (one selected, matches lpar #)
Usage domain index: (one selected, matches lpar #)
Cryptographic candidate list: (all selected, 0-15)
Cryptographic online list: (all selected, 0-15)

The other lpars are similar to this.

I've looked in redp4131:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp4131.html?Open
(Using Cryptographic Adapters for Web Servers..)

This seems to be my same setup but maybe I'm missing something.  Has
anyone seen this error?

Thanks,
-Brad