On Apr 17, 2007, at 2:56 PM, P L Lovely wrote:

Hello, our team has formatted the scenario below and we need some
directions
and feedback.

Issue: Accessing a Microsoft (MS) SQL Server Database from Debian
LINUX
Running on an 390 Mainframe

Problem:  current Debian Linux installation does not support the MSSQL
extensions of PHP.

This page describes how to build the mssql extensions into a deb
package for Ubuntu.

Now, that's PHP5, and I don't know if mssql exists in php4 or not,
but it's a good place to start:

http://panthar.org/2006/06/15/php-with-mssql-on-ubuntu-606/

Basically, it looks like you add mssql to the list of modules you
build and link in.

If you want this included in Debian, you should probably write to the
PHP package maintainers.  See http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/php4

Adam