> I haven't done it yet, but was planning on doing it when I got some
free
> time.  I would much appreciate such a document.

We've built a small appliance instance that does this for SLES9 and
(soon SLES 10), and also acts as a local install server for NFS and HTTP
installs. Would this be of use to people? Or would it need to be blessed
by Novell?

It wouldn't be hard for it to also be a RH satellite server if need
be...

-- db