Tried numerous times to define a filter for /dev/mapper pseudo devices. No
joy.  I did eventually need to filter out /dev/sdx.,  but filtering in
/dev/mapper did not help by itself.

The line I found in the HTML John pointed out resolved the current pain:

types = [ "device-mapper", 1 ]

I am still not happy with the status of multipathd,  but LVM can proceed.

-- R;

Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

04/25/2007 10:22 AM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

From
Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: LVM -vs- device mapper

On Apr 25, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Richard Troth wrote:

> pvcreate /dev/mapper/mylun
> fails with "Device /dev/mapper/mylun not found."

Do you have your filters appropriately configured in lvm.conf so that
it can see /dev/mapper/* devices?

Adam