> You don't really even need to do that. I key the DHCP server on the
DHCP
> Client ID, which I set to be the VM user name, since we run a layer 3
> VSWITCH.

Client-ID is a neat trick, but it's got some not-so-hidden limitations.

That trick works because you're depending on the layer 3 fixup code in
the OSA to sort things out, since in that situation all the guest frames
have the physical MAC of the OSA. The second one of those interfaces has
to talk to something outside the box on a layer 2 VSWITCH, then the MACs
have to be unique.

Debugging this leads to a lot of pain and head-scratching on your part,
and much invective from your networking people.  This is one of those
avoidable problems, better to just make them unique to start with.